From the fire accident on the ancient wooden roof of the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Paris, France, which took over two centuries to build or over 100 years, to be destroyed in 63 minutes. This is another accident that insists the importance of “Fire Prevention System”
HARN will guide you through Fire Prevention System that is suitable for museums, historical sites or any area that store important and valuable artifacts.
– Fire Prevention System has many systems. The most common and widely seen are Sprinkler System, Gas Suppression System, and Foam System.
– The important aspect that should bear in mind when selecting each type of fire prevention system are properties of materials, products or items that stored in the place that needed the fire prevention system.
– Fire prevention system in museums or historical sites that store honorable antiques should be Sprinkler System or Gas Suppression System.
– Suitable Sprinkler System is called Pre-action System which is a fire prevention system that uses dry water pipes because it has a low chance of malfunction in releasing the water comparing to other types of sprinkler systems (In case that the sprinkler heads were broke because of non-fire reasons, the system will not release the water immediately) The important of the system needs smoke detector to trigger the system of the sprinkler.
– Gas Suppression System that uses Clean Agent to put off the fire. The system is becoming widely adopted because the agent used is non-harmful to human and electronic devices. Most commonly seen are Novec-1230, Fm-200, and IG-100.
– Water Mist Fire Protection System uses only 10% of the Automatic Sprinkler System which will spray fine mists, therefore, the water consumption is only 10% of Automatic Sprinkler System. However, it cannot be used with chemical that reacts to water. The system is widely seen in Europe because it works immediately without evacuation, non-harmful to human and lives. Nevertheless, it needs technicians to choose the plan and design the right system that suits the area.
– To ensure that the fire prevention system can work 100%, another important element is the right installation that need certified equipment and there must be an examine and test of the fire prevention system by specialists.
Fire Prevention System, Air Conditioning and Sanitary Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get update to your inbox!